Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Developing Metacognition & Growth Mindset in the Ways We Speak with Children


I am always looking for effective strategies to encourage and support young children in thinking about their thinking. While I currently use Harvard Project Zero's Visible Thinking Routines, Philosophy for Children, and pedagogical documentation, as a few examples, to enhance children's thinking, I am always looking for more ways that I can enhance this critical experience of thinking about process and thought. In fact, I often find metacognition - analysing one's own and other's thought processes & thinking about how one thinks and how one learns (as defined by 'Making the PYP Happen', 2009, p. 21) - one of the most difficult skills to address in the early years.
http://bit.ly/1GrRhsA

No comments:

Post a Comment